When you think to share something new with worldwide people, significantly you will choose social media networks. Although you have come here for gathering accurate information about various blogging platforms because you want to make your next self-hosted blog . Sound good am I right!!
But everyone would be his/her own boss and they have a great opportunity to earn money from online. Yes, it’s possible when they will start blogging with the well-rated blogging platform.
There are many blogging platforms on the internet. All platforms are free to create hosted or non-hosted website. But if you would really like to be a serious blogger or want to establish a website for long time business, then you have to choose a right blogging platform.
Otherwise, If you pick the wrong platform, you would stumble in the first time because most of the platform’s features are limited. One of the common thing to choose a platform is that which type of blog or website you are going to create.
Wise persons always said, before going to create something new, everyone should take the time to think. So to choose the best blogging platform is not disjunct.
However, in this blog post, I’m going to share a list of recommended blogging platforms for beginners like you with best pros, cons and examples that will help you to choose a right platform to start blogging.
Blogging Platforms Definition:
The short answer is that A blogging platform usually is a software or form created for publishing content. In other words, A blogging platform is called a content management system (CMS) that only create for sharing content on the internet in the form of a blog. It’s a specific free form that is easily usable for all types of people. WordPress, Joomla, Weebly is the great example of blogging platforms.
List Of Blogging Platforms In 2017
WordPress is a CMS software for creating a website, blog or app. Over 60 million people are using WordPress as their content management system. It has hundreds of community volunteers for upgrading awesome feature and version. Everything is possible by this because it has thousands of plugins and themes for free using. There are no alternatives of WordPress to build professional non-hosted blog or website. CNN, WPbeginer, Shoutmeloud are the best example of popular WordPress blog.
The installation process of WordPress is so much easier. Every hosting provider allows it to one click install. You have noticed that most of the reputable hosting network like Bluehost, Hostgator, iPage has created special WordPress hosting server to manage easily a WordPress blog.
- Automatic SEO friendly
- Over 47,685 plugins for creating a beautiful blog, or website.
- Easy admin interfaces that will help you to control without much difficulty.
- There are thousands of free themes for creating an awesome professional looking website.
- If you wish, you can extend your website as an online store, forum or any membership it.
- Hundreds of community volunteers for bug fixing and upgrading features.
- Managing website hard after basic setup.
- You have to manage backup and security yourself
- Code publicly available.
- Self-hosting has a high learning curve.
WordPress.org is totally free for use. But you have to buy a domain and hosting for creating a self-hosted website. Gos View user can get started only $2.75/ per month with Bluehost which is a recommend hosting provider by WordPress. Bluehost offers 60% discount their hosting with a free domain.Claim Bluehost 60% discount
Blogger.com is a simple interface blogging platform for a non-tech savvy user who would like to create a personal microblog for the daily update. It’s a starting platform for every person. Initially, most of the bloggers gather knowledge from it because of a primary platform for blogging. Blogger.com is established in 2003 by Google as a free blog hosting service.
- It’s a free hosting service.
- SEO optimized.
- Drag-drop customization.
- Making money opportunity from Adsense.
- Security and backup by Google.
- No coding knowledge for blog designing.
- No limit to create blogs from one Gmail account.
- Limited blog templates, although it has third party templates that are very low quality.
- Google can ban your blog at any time if you violate any terms.
- Limited Drag-drop options.
- Limited blog features/extensions. You cannot extend features like WordPress.
- Blogger.com is not updated frequently so you will not notice.
Significantly blogger platform is free for all. But if you start blogging through this, then you can upgrade free blog to custom domain at any time.
Hubpages is a user generated multi-content viral blogging platform which shares revenue with their writers for quality blog posts or contents. It’s a world popular community for passionate people- writers, explorers, knowledge seekers, conversation starters. Interacting and informing. Sharing words, pictures, and videos. You can create a hosted (sub-domain like name.hubpages.com) microblog to share your thoughts.
Hubpages has an excellent dashboard and many options to publish content. There are a lot of categories. So you can publish any category’s content at any time. But when you submit a content to publish, Hubpages team will review that for quality ensure.
- Hosted domain (name.hubpages.com).
- Best for sharing long posts, videos or images.
- A Good platform for Making money from Adsense, eBay, and Amazon.
- Multi categories.
- SEO optimized.
- Don’t allow to create a self-hosted blog.
- Ads operate by Hubpages, So you have no any chance to operate that.
- You will not be able to publish, post instant because Hubpages team will review your submitted post each time.
- Not allow transferring a free blog to custom domain.
- Limited templates and layouts.
Generally, Tumbler is a social networking platform founded by David Karp in 2007 and owned by Yahoo since 2013.Tumbler has 220 million blogs and 100 billion blog posts. Tumbler is a popular online blogging platform for creating a micro personal blog. It takes less than a minute to create a beautiful blog with perfect layout. It has a simple dashboard for controlling whole options. But you cannot run a professional website by this. You just will be able to create Tumbler sub-domain (hosted) blog to share your personal thoughts.
- Micro personal blog.
- Easy interface and take less than a minute to start.
- SEO friendly.
- Mobile app.
- Social networks integrated.
- Good for image sharing.
- Not allow creating a custom website like yourdomainname.com.
- Limited features.
- No plugins and templates.
- As owned by Yahoo so Ads might be on their way.
- Not for Long content or business.
- Don’t allow for making money from Adsense or any other networks.
Tumblr is totally free for creating free microblog. So if you would like to create a free blog for sharing short text or image, then Tumbler is perfect, but there is no option to monetize your hosted Tumblr blog.
Joomla is an award-winning platform which is a popular mobile friendly free, open source content management system for creating SEO optimize websites or blog. Joomla CMS for beginner and it has 65 languages & more than 7,500+ possible extensions that will help you to build an awesome blog in just a few minutes. Joomla is an easy content builder CMS platform, but not more popular than WordPress. Although Joomla core has a few great features to create large corporate or E-commerce and online reservations site.
Joomla has a both self-hosted and hosted features. That means you can create a free blog in less than a minute. But Blogger is better than Joomla to create a hosted(free) blog. So if you would like to create following categories website, then you should use Joomla framework for better performance.
- Inventory control systems
- Data reporting tools
- Application bridges
- Custom product catalogs
- Integrated e-commerce systems
- Complex business directories
- Reservation systems
- Communication tools
- Mobile friendly.
- Best for aforementioned categories.
- High secure code better than WordPress.
- 90-day free Joomla! demo account.
- Not popular than WordPress.
- Limit themes & extensions.
- Joomla! is more complex than WordPress.
- It’s difficult to incorporate your own custom design without developer experience.
Joomla offers to create a self-hosted (custom domain) blog or large website. So if you would like to create a large corporate site like above categories related, then it’s better than WordPress. Rochen is a recommend hosting provider of Joomla. You can start with only $4.95/ per month with a free domain & Free SSL Certificates. Not these, you will get 20GB SSD Web Storage and Unmetered Data Transfer. Rochen has many features to create Joomla and WordPress blog. Check out Rochen hosting features.
There are many blogging platforms but no alternatives than WordPress for creating professional and flexible personal or business blog. But if you want to start blogging free, then you can use Blogger.com that’s the best recommended for free blog hosting.
I hope this article will help you to choose the best blogging platform of 2017 to create your next blog. If you really interested or like WordPress, you can start with 1and1 host which offer to start blogging at only $11.88/ per year with a free domain and SSL certificates. Read my article about how to create a self-hosted blog with 1and1.
However, if you liked this article, then please share it with your friends and comments bellow.